The government has given the rights to the banks to deactivate India’s bank accounts linked to the base. Although the government is encouraging people to update the Aadhaar card with their bank accounts.
People often get entangled in the process of linking Aadhar card to a bank account. The process is really quite easy and it can be easily accomplished.
I will explain the methods that will apply to almost all banks. Even if your bank is a State Bank of India (SBI), Punjab National Bank (PNB), Oriental Bank of Commerce (OBC), HDFC, ICICI, Canara, Axis Bank or anyone else. However, I try to explain the procedure separately for each bank under a different category. This special post is dedicated to provide a general step to update the base number and other details with bank account.
Before I start telling you that if you have a government or a private bank account, then the linking process is simple. The process of linking can be done either online or offline.
How To Link Aadhaar Card With Bank Account (Online)
1) First of All, Login to your Internet banking account. (Required Net banking)
2) Now, Find the Link iUpdate Aadhaar Card Details or Aadhaar Card Option.
3) After find these links, you need to click on it to open it.
4) Now, Enter the Aadhaar information in the fields.
5) Now Correct the information and press the submit button.
6) Your online application will save into the bank database. Now Bank officers will verify the information provided by you.
7) Now, Your application will be processed as you verify your application.
8) You will also receive SMS on your registered mobile number.
How To Link Aadhaar Card With Bank Account (Offline)
1) First of all, Download the application form for Aadhaar card and bank account linking from Official Website.
2) After downloading the form, take a print of Aadhar Link form.
3) Fill our all the detail of the form correctly.
4) Now, Fill your bank Account number and Required personal details.
5) Also, Enter your Aadhaar Number.
6) Once you Successfully fill the application form, Now attach the photocopy of your Aadhaar with it.
7) Submit the Application Form enclosed with Aadhaar Card to the bank official.
8) The Bank Officers will check your original Aadhaar card.
9) You will receive a notification (SMS) once the your Aadhar Card details verified.
How to Check Aadhaar Card and Bank Account Linking Status through your mobile?
Follow the below steps to check the status of linking your Aadhaar to bank account through your mobile:
1) Just Dial *99*99*1# from your registered mobile number with Aadhaar database.
2) You will receive a popup Message which asks you to enter your 12 digit Aadhaar number.
3) Now, Enter your 12 digit Aadhaar number.
4) A Popup would appear which displays the details of Bank account to which your Aadhaar Card was linked.
What are the Benefits of Aadhar Card
1) Subsidy for common products: The Indian government provides subsidies on various items like kerosene oil, sugar, rice, pulses etc. The government provides subsidies to the products so that the needy people benefit. The subsidy amount will be transferred only to the bank account linked to the base.
2) Scholarship: Government scholarship amount will be deposited in the bank account of the students whose bank accounts are linked to their Aadhaar card.
3) Direct Benefit Transfer : The Indian government provides LPG cylinders subsidy to residents. With the addition of the Aadhaar card to the bank account, the subsidy amount is deposited directly into the bank account linked to the base. If you do not link Aadhaar card to the bank account, then you do not get this subsidy which is a difference between the market rate and the subsidy rate of LPG cylinders.
4) Adivasi Welfare Schemes Benefits: There are some regular payments in tribal welfare schemes. Payment of these schemes will only be deposited in the bank account linked to the base.
How Aadhaar Card Make Your Financial Life Easier
Having Aadhar card and registering your mobile number with the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) can make your financial life easier. Here are 3 situations where having the base and registering with your mobile number with UIDAI can save you a lot of trouble.
I hope this article was useful !! If you still have a problem linking the Aadhaar Card details to your bank account, please write it in comments.