In order to strength of your privacy and security of Aadhaarcard holders, unique Identification Authority of india (UIDAI) has introduced another great feature which permit people to lock their Aadhaar number. Once you have got secured the Aadhaar card variety, any authentication using Aadhaar number won’t be permissible.
It means that when the Aadhaar number is locked, authentication services through OTP, Demographics, Biometric, etc. You can not be done using Aadhaar number. Once the Aadhaar number is locked, you’ll need to use the 16 digit Virtual ID known as VID to demonstrate yourself for any KYC services. Here you’ll be able to use your Aadhaar variety for authentication solely once unlocking it.
User must generate your VOD before lockup your Aadhaar Card number. It is generated from either UIDAI’s web site or through an SMS. Not that so as to come up with VID through SMS, your mobile number should be registered with UIDAI.
- 1 Lock your Aadhar Card Using UIDAI Website
- 2 Lock your Aadhar Card Using SMS
- 3 How you can unlock your Aadhaar number Using UIDAI website
- 4 How you can unlock your Aadhaar number Using SMS
Just follow the steps to lock your Aadhaar number:
Lock your Aadhar Card Using UIDAI Website
1. Visit the Official UIDAI website.
2 Now, Click on ‘My Aadhaar and locate ‘Aadhaar services”.
3. Than, Click on “Aadhaar lock/unlock” under the Aadhaar services.
4. Enter your basic details like Name, Pin Code, UID etc and select ‘Send OTP’.
5. An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number.
6 Now, Enter the OTP and click on submit.
7. That’s it, Your Aadhaar number will be locked.
Lock your Aadhar Card Using SMS
1. Using your registered mobile number
Send GETOTP< SPACE >Last four digits of Aadhaar number to 1947.
For example, if your Aadhaar number is 3321 1278 8023, then SMS will be sent as GETOTP 8023.
2. An 6-digit OTP will be sent to your mobile via SMS.
3. Now, Send another SMS which states
LOCKUID< SPACE >Last four digits of Aadhaar number< SPACE > 6 digit OTP number.
4. Once the SMS sent your Aadhaar Card number will be locked.
Steps to Follow How you can unlock your Aadhaar number
How you can unlock your Aadhaar number Using UIDAI website
1. First of All, Visit the UIDAI website.
2. Now, Click on “My Aadhaar” tab and the “Aadhaar services”,
3. Than select “Aadhaar lock/unlock” option.
4. Now, Select “Unlock UID” option and enter the VID and Security code.
5. Now, Click on “Send OTP” (OTP will be sent to your mobile number via SMS)
6. Now, Enter the OTP and click on “Submit”.
7. That’s it. Your Aadhaar will be unlocked.
How you can unlock your Aadhaar number Using SMS
1. Using your Message Send SMS to 1947 from your registered mobile number in following format:
GETOTP< SPACE >Last six digits of your Virtual ID number
2. UIDAI will send you a 6-digit OTP through SMS.
3. Now, Send another Message in the following format
UNLOCKUID< SPACE >Last six digits of Virtual ID< SPACE > 6 digit OTP number.
4. Once you recevied message from UIDAI, your Aadhaar will be unlocked.